Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Houdini

So, I just went to return the letter to the mail room and Alice Bakioglu was working. I explained the letter and the name on it, and she seemed very concerned. She said that strange things have been happening to her and a guy named Steven also. She said that she was receiving what appeared to be old love notes that were from someone named "harry" to someone named "Bess". She said that Steven found an old skeleton key in his gym locker that had "H. Houdini" engraved on it. What does this all mean? I'm beginning to get worried. Maybe the letter I received was for Bess Houdini? This is all so bizarre! I've heard of Harry Houdini before since he's one of the most famous magicians of all time, be he died YEARS ago! I'm assuming his wife (who I'm guessing is Bess) died years ago as well. Weren't they alive in the early 1900's? I think Harry Houdini lived in Appleton for a while too! There is a history museum next the the campus chapel that has an exhibit on him. After I talked with Alice, I went and got dinner, but I had a hard time keeping the food down because I was so nervous. I then went to check my mail again (I'm not entirely sure why...maybe I was expecting another strange letter), and there was a note from Alice in my SPC box. It said that I need to meet her and Steven under the willow tree at 9 PM. I think there's only 1 willow tree on campus, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm so nervous! It's already 8 PM, and I don't know what to expect. My heart is pounding! Does that sound stupid? Maybe I'm just overreacting...

No comments:

Post a Comment